Friday, July 18, 2008

I LOVE OLD STUFF!!!!






I love gardening-and miss country living. Have lived on a ranch, or in the country, most of my life. There's just this smell early in the morning, and seeing cattle on the road when you've come home from town, that I truly miss. Well- okay, I have to admit, I would tease the cattle on the road, act like I was gonna run over them, the calves would just run and kick. Oh! This sounds soooooooooooo corny--- back to what I wanted to say. This old door is an example of some of the country look I like to use. I think it's fun to try to repurpose what I can. Is that a word? I thought I heard Martha or some other know-it all, say it before. Needless to say, my soon to be ex-husband will be glad to see that go-- to my new place, the quicker the better!! These are just a few of the pictures I've taken in my backyard in the last few days. I'm gonna miss this house, but wanted to capture some of it.

1 comment:

Ginny’s Lazy B Ranch said...

I love your old stuff!! So glad you put pics on here. Please take some of the house so I can get some ideas. Hey, I found an old chair at the antique mall in Hubbard on the way to the lake this weekend. I want to try to put the cowhide on the back and do something kind of like the chairs we saw in Waco. Where do you think I can find the fabric that they put on the seat of that chair. Do you remember those chairs. I'm going to take a pic of this chair as it looks like shit. anyway, I better go to bed now. I love all your new pics. That jill jill bo bill is CRA
ZY!! I love to read her blog it is so FUNNY!! WE had a good weekend. ARe you about to get the house finished. Hope you are staying strong. Love ya,GINGIN